Pages

Monday 8 June 2015

First Look Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Cuben Lair

Ive been after a small cuben shelter for a while now but I couldn't make my mind up which one too choose,I narrowed it down to two,The Six Moons Designs Deschutes or the Bear Paw Wilderness Designs Lair,In the end cost made my decision,the Lair was quite a bit cheaper.I found Bear Paw designs a pleasure to deal with,quick response by email and quick delivery times.When it arrived I fitted the guys and pitched it in the garden the quality seemed very good and the weight was excellent coming in at 242grams with guys and stuff sack.( I had read and heard mixed reports about the quality of their products but mine seems fine)So last weekend (6/06/15) it got its first outing,with big winds forcast I was a little concerned about using it.but it was fine no problems at all.Ive put a pitching video and a fews photos below,and I'll update after more use.





The Lair pitched Next to A MLD Duomid














Just a quick update,Ive now used it for 5 nights and Im really liking this shelter its quick and easy too pitch,also my last night in it I was pitched just off Rossett Pike and the weather came in bad heavy rain and winds upto 40mph.the shelter didn't move at all.Also I've used with my MLD inner which fits perfect,I've put a photo below.

4 comments:

  1. I debated buying a Lair instead the MLD Cricket, but I'd heard too many reports of poor quality. It'll be interesting to hear how you find the Lair after more trips - I liked the photo of the Lair in Norway on the BearPwwd site :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, I had heard mixed reports about Bear Paw, but it seems ok,time will tell,I used a silnylon cricket for a while.

      Delete
  2. Hi, does the lair need both trekking poles joined as a centre pole, or could you use your second pole out front to reduce the need for an extremely long front guy (as per a Trailstar)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John,one pole in the middle ,the other pole could be used at the front, I'll be experimenting over the next few trips

      Delete